Off-grid (Battery-Based) Solar PV Training in Peru – 10 Day Program
Location: Peru or Guatemala
Dates: 2022 dates: FULL. *We are finalizing 2023 Spring/Fall/Winter dates and will update when finalized.
Learn how to design and install solar PV systems and experience the impact of sustainable energy solutions and access to electricity for people living in rural Peru. Learn how to size, design and install battery-based solar PV systems in an off-grid setting while experiencing the impact of sustainable energy solutions and access to electricity for people living in rural Peru. The off-grid solar PV training program provides a unique opportunity to learn about solar PV through a mix of classroom, lab activities, and completing at least one complete battery-based solar PV installation from start to finish in a rural community building in the Peruvian Andes. The training program takes place in a region where LUTW has installed hundreds of systems. Participants will learn about system maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair through visits to previous LUTW installations.
*No previous educational background or experience is required.*
EXAMPLE ITINERARY HIGHLIGHTS
- Day 1: Travel from Canada to Peru
- Day 2: Introduction to LUTW, Explore Lima
- Day 3: Travel to remote project hub: Briefing and acclimatization
- Day 4: Full-day of Solar Training Workshop
- Day 5: Travel to remote community, Installation preparation Day
- Day 6: Solar Installation Day #1
- Day 7: Solar Installation Day #2
- Day 8: Solar Installation Day #3
- Day 9: Return to Project Region Hub
- Return to Lima, Peru. End of Program
Please email Stephany at [email protected] for more information or to be included in the first round of invites for 2023!